Sunday, April 24, 2011

Summer Slaughter 2011 Opening Bands

As the votes get tallied for the Summer Slaughter opening band, I will go through the eleven choices for the opening band. Here is the order of who i think is the least likely to most likely to open along followed by views on each of these bands:

Order of likelihood to open  from most likely to least likely:
Within The Ruins
Conducting From The Grave
Rings Of Saturn
Revocation
The Contortionist
Structures
Neuraxis
Volumes
Dawn Of Ashes
Augury
7 Horns 7 Eyes

 My thoughts on these bands:
Within The Ruins: I hadn't listened to them for a long time till last week. I will say they aren't nearly as bad as I remember them being, but they still aren't anything special.

Conducting From The Grave: I didn't vote for them, but I wouldn't mind them opening (There is a rumor going around right now saying that they won). I saw them on Rock and Shock last year and they are a good live band. There are a lot worse choices and I would be completely content with them opening.

Rings Of Saturn: Dear god, this band just plays fast for the sake of playing fast. Complete and total wankery that could potentially cause motion sickness. I enjoy tech-death, but these guys are just way too much. I have dubbed them "death metal Dragonforce". They would be funny to watch, but I really hope they don't open.

Revocation: They were my top vote. I really hope they get the opening slot (they have an outside chance). I just saw them last weekend and they completely killed live. Best band on the voting list and they would make an awesome opener for Summer Slaughter.

The Contortionist: My 3rd place vote went to these guys. A really talented progressive deathcore act. I saw about half their set last weekend and they are a pretty tight band live. I would like to see a full set from them.

Structures: They are unsigned, but they still have a quite following. Decent up and coming band, I could live with them opening.

Neuraxis: Legendary tech-death band. Easily the most seasoned band on the voting list. That being said, they don't have that big of a following. I am not really a huge fan of their stuff, but if they were to open it would be pretty cool to see them.

Volumes: I saw them last weekend at NEMHF and they were pretty bad. I hope they don't open.

Dawn Of Ashes: Worst band on the voting list. These guys are an insult to symphonic black metal. I saw them at Rock and Shock last year and they were fucking terrible. They sound like a band Dimmu Borgir cover bad. I hope to Christ they aren't the opener (Thankfully they are longshots)

Augury: My 2nd place vote went to them. Sadly, I saw a very few amount of votes for them. It's a shame, I really want to see them.

7 Horns 7 Eyes: I am going to be honest, I have no idea who 7 Horns 7 Eyes is. I also saw next to no votes for them. I would be completely shocked if they won.

No comments:

Post a Comment