Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February In Film

February is the transitional period from the smaller releases of January to the semi-large releases of March. Some of the films are on a larger scale and others are carrying over the low-aim fare from January. Here are my thoughts on all of the February films.

Films I Want to See
2.Wanderlust(2/24)-Even though the film was delayed for months, I still really want to see it. David Wain and his writing team that was behind the great Role Models are behind this film. Throw that on top of a great cast including Paul Rudd, Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux, Joe Lo Trugilo, and Alan Alda you have the potential for the first great comedy of 2012.

1.Safe House(2/10)- Denzel Washington looks to be a sinister villain and it looks to be filled with suspense and twists. I am very excited to see this and I hope it's the thrill ride that the trailer makes it out to be

Film I Am Not Sure About
Chronicle (2/3)-I am really on the fence about this one. The early reviews have been great and the concept is interesting, but it's done in the damn found-footage format which I can't stand. Hopefully it can restore my faith in the found-footage format and not continue the trend of god awful films.

Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance(2/17)-The first installment was very average, but I am holding out hope for this one. The trailer looks to be better than the original and the presence of the warped minds of Brian Taylor and Mark Neveldine (Crank, Gamer) in the director's chairs make me think this film will embrace a manic, crazy tone which is exactly what a film like this needs.

Act of Valor (2/24)-The concept definitely intrigues me. Having Active Duty U.S Navy Seals make an action movie is going to add a lot of realism and could make for a great action film. My only issue is the trailer makes it look like they could have wasted the potential plus you have no idea how well these guys can act because they are soldiers (not that really matters because this is an action film, but if the acting is really bad it will definitely drag the film down).

Gone(2/24)-Looks like a better female-driven version of Abduction, which isn't exactly praise or  criticism.

Film I Have No Interest In
Big Miracle(2/3)-Look way too standard plus I don't really animal-based movie (I don't really hate animals, but I'm not really an animal love either).

The Woman in Black(2/3)-I really don't like horror films like this. The haunted-house genre has never really appealed to me and this does not look like it's going to change my mind.

Journey 2 The Mysterious Island(2/10)-I actually kind of liked the original, but this looks like all the fun is gone and just become a really dumb adventure film.

The Vow(2/10)-The obligatory sappy romantic drama tearjerker of the Valentine's Day season. Anyone who reads my blog on a regular basis should not be surprised that I have absolutely no desire to see this.

This Means War(2/14)-The obligatory romantic comedy of the Valentine's Day season. This film does have a strong cast with Tom Hardy and Chris Pine in the two lead roles, but the idiotic looking trailer does do it any favors.

Good Deeds(2/24)-This may be the best looking Tyler Perry film ever, but it's still a Tyler Perry film.

No comments:

Post a Comment