Friday, July 19, 2013

Mayhem Fest From A Non Metalhead's Prespective

If you've read my blog this week, you know that I attended Mayhem Fest in Mansfield on Tuesday. One of my friends that I went with isn't really a metal fan and only went for Rob Zombie and Mastodon. I figured it would be a fun experiment to have him give me his thoughts on every band to see how a non-metal fan would react to the acts on the bill. Having him write a full review would be far too much to ask, but he was kind enough to give me a quote on each band he watched on the day. Here is the series of ridiculous  quotes my friend D.J. had to offer up about the bands on Mayhem Fest (Warning: Some of these quotes need some context that I will try my best to provide)

Thrown Into Exile: "Average metal band with shout outs for plaid shirts." (The singer commented during the set that a kid wearing a plaid shirt was the most active in the pit)
Huntress: "What the fuck was that? Metal Pat Benatar?"
Battlecross:"They were actually pretty fuckin sick. The guitarists/bassist were really good."
Born of Osiris: "Their whole set was just the synth player spin dancing."
Butcher Babies: "Take your fucking clothes off then I might watch the whole set."
Emmure: "White rappers with AC-130 sounds as the background music"
Machine Head "Headbang Motherfucker!"
Children of Bodom: "Finnish synth swag."
Amon Amarth: "Pretty good. I like the viking shit and the stage setup was awesome."
Mastodon: "Why wasn't Iron Tusk played?"
Five Finger Death Punch: (After Ivan Moody had brought kids up on-stage and told them to off the crowd then brought his own daughter out a couple songs later.) "Ivan Moody is the world's greatest father."
Rob Zombie: "So fucking sick, but how the fuck does he change clothes so fast?"

No comments:

Post a Comment