Tuesday, June 29, 2010

July In Film

July is one of the weakest July's in recent memory. There are some intriguing films but most of the films just looks like average. Here are my most anticipated films of the month of July along with other analysis on the films of July.
Most Anticipated

4. Despicable Me(July 9)- Despicable Me has an amusing trailer and an excellent voice cast including Steve Carell, Russell Brand,Jason Segel, Danny McBride and Kristen Wiig. Sounds like a winner to me.



3.Dinner For Schmucks(July 3o)- The concept to this movie is hillarious plus throw Paul Rudd, Steve Carrell and Zack Galinfinakis into anything and I will watch it. Another postive is director Jay Roach has a great resume(Austin Powers franchise,Meet The Parents). The only neagtive is the fact that it is PG-13.



2.Predators(July 9)- I am glad they are finally bringing back the Predator franchise in a the right way. After the horrendous Preadtor 2 and Alien Vs Predator films This film looks great and with Robert Rodriguez producing it looks to be in the right hands. Some of the cast does make me a little iffy (Adrien Brody and Topher Grace) but I still have pretty high expectactions.



1.Inception(July 16)-Christopher Nolan is back. The trailers look absoultely spectacular and the concept is quite intresting. Counting down the days for this one.



Films I am unsure about
The Last Airbender(July 1)-I am most likely going to see this only to laugh at it. It really does not look good outside of the effects and anything M.Night touches now-a-days crashes and burns.

Salt(July 23)-Look a really stupid action flick but since I am an action-movie whore there is a chance I will rent it.


Films that I would never see under my own power:


The Sorcerer's Apprentice(July 14)-I like Jay Burchael and don't mind Nicolas Cage or the director Jon Turtletab(The National Treasure films were entertaining.) but this looks like a god-awful adventure film that would be excuriating to sit through.

Ramona and Beezus(July 23)-No Comment

Cats and Dogs: The Revenge Of Kitty Galore(July 30)-I haven't even seen a trailer for this film but the original is one of the worst movies I have ever seen so I want nothing to with the sequel.

Charlie St.Cloud(July 30)-Zac Efron drama nuff'said.

No comments:

Post a Comment