Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June in Film

June has some pretty intresting releases. Everything from a cult comic book legend to the film version of a 70's TV Series to the third installment of a beloved animated series. Here is a look at my most anticipated films of the months of June.

5. The A-Team (June 11)- This update of the 70's tv series doesn't really look particularlly good but I am excited to see it none the less. It should be good for a laugh just to see Rampage Jackson play B.A and Liam Nesson look really confused as to why he is in it.

4.Jonah Hex(June 18)-Jonah Hex is based on a cult comic book which I never read but have great things about. I am a little uneasy about this film. It could be amazing or it could be an absolute disaster. It does have Josh Brolin who is one of the best actors around right now. Also it has a script by Brian Neveldine/Chris Taylor (Crank franchise,Gamer) who know how to make a film like this work. Best part about Jonah Hex score by my favorite band Mastodon! We will have to wait and see how it pans out.

3.Grown-Ups (June 25)-Adam Sandler,Chris Rock,Kevin James and David Spade in the same movie. Should be a really good time and it has all the makings of a potential Sandler classic.

2.Toy Story 3(June 18)- Toy Story remains to this day one of my favorite films of all time. It is a masterpiece. I am really excited for this film. I hope they can even reach half of the excellence that first film was and continue the winning tradition of these films. All of the characters are back from the first two films and they even introduce some new ones. Can't wait.

1.Get Him To The Greek (June 4)- Toy Story 3 was ahead of this until I saw the restricted trailer for this. The restricted trailer is tear-enduncing hillarious. The fact that they are bringing back the Aldois Snow character from Forgetting Sarah Marshall is also great because I think everyone who liked Forgetting Sarah Marshall wanted more of that character. It looks like it could be a contender for funniest film of the year and I am quite excited to see it.

June films I am unsure about.
Killers(June 4)-The trailers look pretty meh but it does have Rob Riggle and Tom Selleck in the supporting cast so it could be not bad.

Splice(June 4)-I had pretty much no intrest in this film until I heard the great word of mouth it is getting. It looks like simply another stupid horror film and I am not big on Adrien Brody either. Might give it a bid on DVD.

The Karate Kid (June 11)- Doesn't look as bad you would think. Due to my love for the original I will check it out on DVD.

Would never see in a millon years
Marmaduke(June 4)
Knight and Day(June 25)
Twilight Saga:Eclispe(June 30)

No comments:

Post a Comment