Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December In Film

December tends to be when all the winter's big films and Oscar bait are released. This December is no different and there are a few films I am intrested in.

Movies I Want To See

4.Little Fockers(12/22) I was a fan of the first two films and the main cast is back. The trailer looks pretty amusing and I hope all the funny parts aren't in the trailer.

3.The Fighter(Opens Wide 12/17) The Fighter looks like a welcome return to serious acting for Mark Wahlberg. The cast which includes Wahlberg, Christian Bale and Amy Adams, is top notch. This film looks really good and it could be a Oscar Contender. Pretty excited to see this.

2.Black Swan(12/3) I am a big fan of Darren Aronofsky. Black Swan looks to be an odd, creepy film. This is right up Aronofsky's alley and his creative vision should really come out on this film. Also it doesn't hurt Natalie Portman and Milla Kunis have a kissing scene.

1.True Grit(12/22) True Grit looks fantastic. The full length trailer is one of the best trailers of the year. The Cohen Brothers almost always are great and I think they will knock a western out of the park. The three leads Jeff Bridges,Matt Damon and Josh Brolin is one of the best cast assembled in recent memory. Very, very excited for this.

Movies I Am Not Sure About

The Warrior's Way(12/3) Could be decent, but it looks way too much like Ninja Assassin for me to have my complete and total intrest.

How Do You Know(12/17) The cast is good, but the romantic-comedy vibe and James L.Brooks could kill it.

Movies There Is No Chance In Hell I'm Going To See

The Chronicles Of Narnia:The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader(12/10) I hated The Lion,Witch and The Wardrobe, so I think I'll pass on this.

The Tourist(12/10) It looks absurd and really lame.

Yogi Bear(12/17) I really don't understand why they made this into a movie, it will ruin the cartoon's legacy. This makes the Scooby Doo movie look like The Godfather.

Tron Legacy (12/17) I know I am in the minority, but I think this film looks like shit. I am sure the effects are good, but this looks so fucking stupid that I could care less.

Gulliver's Travels (12/22) I like Jack Black a lot and the cast is good, the problem is the trailer doesn't look funny and it's a kids movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment