Thursday, July 21, 2011

Movie Review: Rango (Film Number 7 In My Goal For 2011 Films)

Rango didn't really do anything to peak my interest when it came out in theaters and prior to seeing it this week my expectations were low. Rango was able to exceed my low expectations, but it's still not anything special. It starts off promising, but then soon dives into mediocrity when the main plot comes into play. It really lacks the spark, charm, and laughs that the great animated films from Pixar have. You really don't any form of attachment with the characters and at the end of the film you feel nothing. There is also one really odd scene where Rango visits "The Spirit Of The West" that left be dumbfounded. It was the only point of film that I absolutely despised. On the positive side, it's nice to look at. All of the animations are beautifully textured and full of details. Bottom line is that Rango is an average film that is no where near as good as it was cracked up to be by professional critics.

2.5/5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews on this movie so I think I'll definitely have to rent it instead of jumping into buying it. Good thing I just started subscribing and working with DISH Network because I (like all new customers) got Blockbuster by mail free for three months, so I'll be able to add Rango to the top of my queue at no cost to me! I'm very interested in seeing it, check it out http://bit.ly/khvWnc. :)

    ReplyDelete