Thursday, December 1, 2011

December In Film

I can't believe that it's the end of the year already. It's been a solid, but not spectacular year for film this year. I have seen a lot of films this year and December brings even more films to add to my already full plate of 2011 films I need to see (I have seen 70 on the year and I still have a shitload to go). December has a decent number of films and looks to be one of the stronger months of the year. Here is my thoughts on the slate of December films.

Films I Want To See
4. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (12/21)-I will admit I am not completely stoked to see this, but there is enough here to make me want to. A solid cast (Jeremy Renner is a big plus) and a talented director in Brad Bird giving his first shot at a live-action film could put life into Tom Cruise's career and this franchise.

3.The Sitter(12/9)-This looks pretty damn hilarious. Jonah Hill looks to be perfectly cast and the over-the-top premise should lead to a lot of laughs.

2.Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows(12/16)-The first one was a lot of fun and the return of the same cast and director is promising. The trailer looks to be even better, so I am pretty damn excited to see this.

1.The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo(12/21)-I have been beyond excited for this film since I saw the teaser with X-Men: First Class. It looks like David Fincher has struck gold again and the early buzz is saying it's better than the original. I have a feeling like this could end up being the best film of the year and I plan on seeing it as close to opening day as possible.

Film I Am Not Sure About
The Adventures Of Tintin(12/21)-The feedback from overseas has been very strong, but the trailer doesn't do much for me.

We Bought A Zoo(12/23)-Good cast and director give it some hope, but it could end up being overly sappy.

The Darkest Hour(12/25)-Doesn't look too bad, but the alien films of late haven't been particularly good. I definitely have reservations about seeing this one, so I am not going to get excited about it.

War Horse (12/25)-Speilberg making drama again could end up being some special, but the trailer looks pretty damn boring. Will have to wait and see the reviews on this one.

Films I Have Zero Interest In Seeing (But Will Anyways Due To My Goal For 2011 Films)
New Year's Eve(12/9)-A remake of Valentine's Day except on New Year's Eve? No thanks. This looks to be just as tedious and generic as Valentine's Day, maybe even more so.

Alvin and The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (12/16)-I can't even believe they made another one of these movies. They will probably make another one after this makes $200 million dollars. That just make me sad/nervous about people that go see movies in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment