Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Summer Slaughter 2013 Lineup

In case you haven't heard yet, Summer Slaughter unveiled the 2013 edition last Friday. The lineup is as follows:
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Animals as Leaders
Periphery
Norma Jean
Cattle Decapitation
The Ocean
Revocation
Aeon

There are allegedly two more bands (which may or may not include the opener) that will be announced in the coming weeks. Like the past two years, the fans get to vote on who the opening band is. This year's options for openers are:
Abiotic
My Bitter End 
Erra
Howl
Last Chance to Reason
Fit For An Autopsy
Rings of Saturn
Thy Art is Murder
Vektor
Nekrogoblin
Intervals
Soreption
King Conquer
Dark Sermon
Today I Caught the Plague
Into the Flood
As They Burn
Syqem
(Rings of Saturn and Thy Art is Murder are currently tied for the lead. My vote was for Last Chance to Reason, but they are pretty far behind the leaders. I really hope Thy Art is Murder pulls it out because Rings of Saturn is one of the worst bands in metal in my eyes.)

This lineup is getting a lot of shit from the metal elitists due to the lack of death metal compared to other years (Almost half the lineup is still death metal so they really need to stop bitching,) but I find this lineup to be badass. I don't really care that there isn't as much as death metal as usual because all of these bands (save for Norma Jean) are great. You have everything from death/thrash (Revocation) to prog/sludge (The Ocean) to instrumental (Animals as Leaders) bands on the same bill. It's also fitting for Dillinger Escape Plan to be headlining this since they have one of the most chaotic live shows in all of metal. I have to praise the organizers for putting together another diverse and excellent lineup for this tour and I'm crossing my fingers that the rumor of Gojira being added to the bill is true. Regardless of who gets added, I can't wait for Summer Slaughter yet again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment