Monday, May 13, 2013

NFL Position Rankings: Top 25 Quarterbacks

A few weeks ago, I was reading through infamous sports site Bleacher Report's individual position rankings for the NFL. Pretty much without fail, every position list rankings pissed me off (I'm all for differing opinions, but the rationale behind each pick were poorly thought-out and ridiculous.) This discontent with Bleacher Report's lists inspired to be make my own. Over the next few weeks, I will be unveiling my position rankings for every position on both sides of the ball (I may do kickers as well, but I will not be doing punters.) To kick things off, here are my picks for the top 25 quarterbacks in the NFL going into the 2013 season

Notes:
1.I will not be including rookies on any of these lists.
2.Each player is listed as a member of their current team, not the team they played for in 2012.
3. There is only one tie on any of these lists. I know ties are kind of cop-outs, but I believe there are four quarterbacks in the league tied for the honor of being the best.
Now onto the list....

25.Matt Moore (Dolphins)
24.Ryan Tannehill (Dolphins)
23.Josh Freeman (Buccaneers)
22.Michael Vick (Eagles)
21.Phillip Rivers (Chargers)
20.Carson Palmer (Cardinals)
19.Alex Smith (Chiefs)
18.Jay Cutler (Bears)
17.Tony Romo (Cowboys)
16.Andy Dalton (Bengals)
15.Matt Schaub (Texans)
14.Joe Flacco (Ravens)
13.Matthew Stafford (Lions)
12.Ben Roethlisberger (Steelers)
11.Andrew Luck (Colts)
10.Colin Kapernick (49ers)
9.Russell Wilson (Seahawks)
8.Eli Manning (Giants)
7.Cam Newton (Panthers)
6.Robert Griffin III (Redskins)
5.Matt Ryan (Falcons)
1.Tie Tom Brady (Patriots), Drew Brees (Saints), Peyton Manning (Broncos), Aaron Rodgers (Packers)

No comments:

Post a Comment