Thursday, January 5, 2023

Statement Regarding This Week's NFL Pieces

In the wake of what happened to Damar Hamlin on Monday, I decided to cancel both of my NFL pieces for this week. Nobody needs to read my thoughts on Mike Evans' exceptional game against the Panthers or the NFL hierarchy heading into the final week of the regular season when a man had to be revived on the field less than 72 hours ago. I'm thrilled to hear that as of this morning Hamlin has opened his eyes, doesn't appear to have suffered any long-term brain damage and is on track to make a full recovery from his cardiac arrest. Considering these very positive developments around Hamlin's health, I would expect this weekend's slate of games to proceed as scheduled and if that's the case, I'll make my return to NFL writing ahead of Wild Card Weekend. Thanks for reading and understanding. Talk to you soon gang.

Chris Maitland

No comments:

Post a Comment