Friday, December 30, 2016

Year-End List Update

As I alluded to yesterday, the beautiful madness of year-end list season is almost upon us. Here's a quick update on when my 2016 year-end music and movie lists will be dropping.

Music: I just wrapped-up listening to all of the albums I wanted to check out yesterday. I'm going to spend the next four or five days re-listening to a number of records and tinkering with the order accordingly. Both my top 20 albums and full-year recap should be up by the end of next week.

Movies: I'm currently waiting to see five movies in theaters (Rogue One, Patriots Day, Fences, Silence, Live by Night) and a few more on video (Don't Think Twice, Deepwater Horizon, The Birth of a Nation) before I finalize my list. Since Silence and Live by Night don't open in my area until January 13th, I'm going to have to wait until at least the 17th or 18th to post my lists. I apologize for the long delay, but I feel it's irresponsible to release my best-of list before I've checked out at least most of December's heavy-hitters.

Stay tuned!

Chris Maitland

No comments:

Post a Comment