Saturday, November 20, 2010

Concert Review: The AP Tour, Boston,MA, November 19th, 2010

The AP Tour is a show that I went to because I really like August Burns Red and a bunch of my friends were going, so I knew it was going to be a good time despite the fact I only liked 1 band on the bill.

I missed This Is Hell and Polar Bear Club due to the fact I was late. I kind of wanted to see This Is Hell, I am a bit bummed I missed them, but I am not a big fan, so it's no biggie. I have never listened to Polar Bear Club in my life so I have no idea what I missed.

Emarosa was the first band I saw and I really wish I didn't see them at all. This band is complete emo, post-hardcore garbage. The singer whined through a 30 minute set and the scene kids were eating it up. I hope I never have to sit through this band again, it was a miserable experience.

August Burns Red, the reason I went, was on next. They put on a great show. When it comes to energy, I think only The Dillinger Escape Plan tops them, they go absoultey insane. Their performance is always a lot of fun and this was no exception. The Constellations material sounds great live especially Mariana's Trench and Thirty and Seven. I hope the next tour they go on has a better lineup, they were head and shoulders above every other band on the bill.

Bring Me The Horizon closed out the evening. As I have stated before, I hate these guys. On the plus side, they were better this time around than at Warped Tour. That being said, I still didn't enjoy their performance. They just piss me off too much as a band and I just really don't like their music and what they stand for. Oli Sykes is such a garbage vocalist and his stage presence though energetic, is obnoxious. His ground game is just repeating the phrase "Circle Pits You Fucking Cunts!". Their fans also really annoy me, it's mainly 14 year old girls screaming like they are at a Justin Bieber concert.

Overall an alright show, August Burns Red was the only band I cared about, but they were great. I still had good time and it was cool to go to a show with a bunch of my friends.

Scores
Emarosa 1/10
August Burns Red 8/10
Bring Me The Horizon 2.5/10

Setlist
August Burns Red
Composure
Truth Of A Liar
Thirty and Seven
Meddler
Mariana's Trench
The Escape Artist
Indonesia
Back Burner
Redemption
Drum Solo
White Washed

No comments:

Post a Comment