Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March In Film

March is the month where the bigger and better films start to come out. Studios get out of the typical post-Oscar dead period of the first two months of the new year and begin to release some higher-proflie movies. This March, has some releases I am quite excited for and quite a few that I have no intrest in.

Films I Want To See
3.Battle: Los Angeles(March 11)-This is teetering on the line of me wanting to see it and being unsure about it. Despite my concerns about the director, Jonathan Libesman(he previously directed Darkness Fall and Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning), I want to see this. The second trailer is pretty damn cool and it convinced me this could be good. This could be a pretty nuts alien movie.

2.Paul(March 18)-I am a huge fan of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, it delights me to see them in another. The trailer is very funny and the concept is hilarious. The all-star cast is amazing and there is a huge amount funny and talented people in this.

1.Sucker Punch(March 25)-This is actually my most anticipated before the summer. I am going to be honest, I am a Zack Snyder fanboy. The trailer is amazing, the concept is very interesting and the action looks fantastic. Snyder hasn't disappointed me in the past and this looks to be another hit.

Films I Am Unsure About
The Adjustment Bureau(March 4)-The trailer is alright, but the long delay is disheartening.

Limitless(March 18)-I will say the plotline could be cool, it hasn't really been done before. I have no issue with the cast. My only reasons for concern is the script might turn out to be really shitty. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

The Lincoln Lawyer(March 18)-This is another movie that could seriously could either way. The could either be a great legal drama or Matthew McCounaghey could drag it down.

Films I Have No Interest In Seeing(although I will see anyways due to my goal for 2011 films)
Rango(March 4)-Personally, I think looks like shit. It seems like a kids movie that's not for kids and I have feeling this will be a really weird and disjointed film.

Beastly(March 4)-Long delayed Twilight rip-off? No thanks.

Take Me Home Tonight(March 4)-Plain and simple, doesn't look funny.

Mars Needs Moms(March 11)-One look the cringe-inducing title and I instantly knew I would have zero interest in it. The trailer is also pretty weak.

Red Riding Hood(March 11)-I can't even believe this is real. It looks an update of Little Red Riding Hood for Twilight Fans(the director of the first Twilight film, Catherine Hardwicke, explains that).

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid 2: Roderick Rules-I haven't seen the trailer for this, but the original looks really stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment