Thursday, March 1, 2012

March In Film

March is when the movie studios  tend to step up the quality and scale of their films. This March is no exception. Here are my thoughts on the whole lot of March films.

Film I Want To See:
3.Project X (3/2): Of course being a big fan of vulgar high-school comedies, I am very excited to see this. This film has a lot of potential and the early audience reception has been excellent. Todd Phillips on board as a producer only adds to my excitement level.

2.Wrath of the Titans (3/30): I was one of the very few that liked the remake of Clash of the Titans. The sequel looks much better with some badass looking and most of the original cast back, I am expecting good things. Only potential issue is the (mostly) bad director Jonathan Libesman (Darkness Falls, Battle:LA) on board as director.

1.21 Jump Street (3/16)-I am a huge Jonah Hill fan and this is easily his best-looking comedy in quite some time. The cast is chock full of hilarious people (Ice Cube, Ellie Kemper, Rob Riggle, Nick Offerman) and again, the early reception has been overwhelmingly positive. I think we could possibly looking at an early contender for the funniest movie of 2012.

Film I Am Not Sure About
The Lorax(3/2)-I never read The Lorax as a kid, so I have no form of nostalgia towards it. That being said, this doesn't really look too bad. The concept doesn't really appeal to me though and it is from the makers of Despicable Me (which I didn't enjoy unlike most people), so I am definitley iffy on this one.

John Carter (3/9)-John Carter is one baffling movie. The trailers have been out for months, but no one really knows what it's about. A couple of the recent commercials have made it be known (kind of) what it's about, but that still hasn't swayed me to the see this film. All I can gather from the trailer is that is this is a really subpar looking high-budget sci-fi flick.  Will definitely be waiting for DVD on this one.

Silent House (3/9)-The solid early word is encouraging, but I can see this turning out really bad.


Film I Have No Interest In Seeing
A Thousand Words(3/9)-God damn it Eddie Murphy. You were doing so well coming off Tower Heist then you have to come out with this sure to be god awful comedy. It has been on the shelf for a long time as well, which only hints even more at how bad this film is going to be.

The Hunger Games(3/23)-I am so sick of hearing about this film. Everyone is making this out to be a masterpiece when it looks like nothing more than the Twilight version of Battle Royale. I am sure I will be tricked into seeing it by the end of the year, but I am almost 100% sure that I will hate every minute of it.

Mirror Mirror (3/30)-This might take the crown for worst-looking movie of 2012 so far. A really poor and horribly unfunny looking light version of Snow White? Smell like an early Razzie contender to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment