Friday, March 16, 2012

Movie Review: Final Destination 5 (Film Number 54 In My Goal For 2011 Films)

In my eyes, the Final Destination genre has been going for far too long. I didn't even like it when it started. Prior to seeing Final Destination 5, I had only seen the first two, which are widely considered to be the best two, and I hated both of them with a passion. Naturally, I expected to hate this as well. To my surprise, Final Destination 5 wasn't awful and it's actually somewhat watchable. This film being alright is actually a victory for this series considering how much I hated the first two. What makes this film work to an extent is the sense of humor and creativity of some of the kills. A sense of humor was sorely lacking in the past and it definitely makes the repetitive nature of these films more bearable. Final Destination 5 is just an average film, but it's a major improvement over the rest of series.

2.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment