Thursday, September 1, 2011

September In Film

September is the transitional month between the end-of summer films and the bigger-budget films of the rest of the year. September tends to be a dumping ground where studios release shitty movies, but this year looks to be an exception. There are a good amount of films I am excited to see in September. Here are my thoughts on the whole lot of September films.

Films I Want To See:
5.Shark Night 3D (9/2): This is only in this section because it looks so bad. I really love bad films of this nature. The PG-13 rating and ridiculous plot should add to the unintentional comic gold mine.

4.Killer Elite(9/23)-Me being action whore and this great cast made want to see this instantly. Jason Statham, Clive Owen, and Robert De Niro should feed of each other well and make this a fun action flick.

3.50/50(9/30)- The concept is unconventional ( a comedy about cancer), but that's part of the reason I want to see it. I think this could be a really hilarious movie weaved together with some good dramatic elements and emotional depth. Joesph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen are both awesome and the director Johnathan Levine made The Wackness, which brilliantly weaved together comedy and drama. I am really excited for this.

2.Drive(9/16)-The trailer had me hooked and then I read all the extremely positive reception and I got even more excited. I hope this one live up to the hype.

1.Moneyball(9/23)-I am sucker for sports dramas and this looks like a god damn good one. It also helps I was alive when this happened and I remember the season that is documented in this film. The cast, director, and writers are all excellent. I have really high hopes for this one, could end up being one of the best films of 2011.

Films I Am Not Sure About
Apollo 18(9/2)- I really don't know much about this film, but the concept seems like it might be kind of cool.

Contagion (9/9)-The cast is certainly large and talented, I just have a feeling this could end up being really boring.

Bucky Larson: Born To Be A Star (9/9)-This looks pretty bad (even the redband trailer isn't very funny), but I am holding out a small amount of hope that Nick Swardson and Allen Covert were able to come up with something funny here.

Warrior(9/9)-The positive reception is definitely a plus, but I am not really a big fan of mixed martial arts. Maybe this will prove me wrong and be as good as the early reviews make it out to be.

Dream House(9/30)-This looks better than a lot of other films from this genre. The cast is also pretty good, but this could very well end being very generic.

Films I have zero interest in seeing (but will anyways due to my quest to see as many 2011 films possible.)
I Don't Know She Does It (9/16)-Sara Jessica Parker annoys the hell out of me and this looks really, really generic.

Straw Dogs(9/16)-This looks basically like The Strangers with rednecks. No thanks...

Dolphin Tale 3D (9/23)-This looks cheesy as hell. I am definitely not the target audience for this film.

Abduction(9/23)-Taylor Launter is such a bad actor and this movie looks completely ridiculous. Every time I see the trailer, I laugh hysterically. It's a shame that a solid director like John Singelton is involved with it.

Courageous (9/30)-Another Christian-themed film about values, fuck that.

What's Your Number?(9/30)-Looks like every other bad romantic comedy out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment