Saturday, November 5, 2011

Movie Review: Bridesmaids (Film Number 26 In My Goal For 2011 Films)

Every year has the tremendously-hyped comedy that gains a lot of attention from both critics and audiences. This year that film is Bridesmaids. The trailers made this looks pretty subpar, but I held out hope this would be good with this many funny people involved. To my surprise, Bridesmaids actually lives up to the hype. Now I feel pretty bad that I actually doubted this film going into it. I love Kristen Wiig on Saturday Night Live and in other projects and I am glad she got a leading role to show her immense comedic talent she to a larger audience. Along with her great work as the lead, she wrote a great script. The whole film is pretty fucking hilarious with just the right amount of heart and drama to balance the film out (you can tell why Judd Apatow agreed to produce this, there is of similarities between this and his films). This isn't your typical chick flick humor, this is some raunchy and hilarious stuff. I am glad in went that direction. I can not express enough how much benefits from straying from the standard rom-com formula. This movie is essentially a female-dominated version of The Hangover. It's a group effort to make this film funny. Everyone does their part and creates a good amount of laughs. Bridesmaids is every bit as good as the hype is made out to be. This is one of the funniest films of 2011 and a potential breakout for Kristen Wiig.

4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment