Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November In Film

November marks the start of the crazy, two-month, winter movie season where movie studios throw out blockbusters and award-contenders almost non-stop. This November looks to be one of the best months of 2011 so far with a good number of films I want to see. Here are my thoughts on the whole crop of November films.

Films I want to see
4.J.Edgar (11/11)- I am going to be completely honest, I know very little about the events this film is portraying. That being said, you really can't go wrong with Clint Eastwood in the director's chair. Just about everything he has done has been brilliant. Leonardo Decaprio in the lead role as J.Edgar Hoover makes this film that much more intriguing.

3.Tower Heist (11/4)-Could this be Eddie Murphy's comeback film. He looks like his old self in the trailers and with the very talented cast surrounding him, it very well could be. I am very excited to see how this film turns out, it looks hilarious and the cast is top-notch.

2.Immortals(11/11)-I am a sucker for 300-style adaptions and this looks amazing to me. The trailers are completely amazing. I really hope this isn't a letdown, this has the potential to be the best action film of the year.

1.A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas(11/4)-I was beyond excited when they announced this. The concept of a Harold and Kumar Christmas film is too good to be true. The trailer looks to be more of the same, but with the key players and writers back, this should be an amazing film.

Films I Am Not Sure About
The Muppets (11/23)-The trailers are actually somewhat funny. The parody marketing was a very smart and often funny tactic for Disney. This very well could be the best kids movie of the year, but after Muppets In Space, I can't really get overly excited about a Muppets film.

Films I Have No Interest In Seeing (but will anyways do to my goal for 2011 films)
Jack and Jill(11/11)-Adam Sandler pulls an Eddie Murphy in this film. No thanks, this looks really stupid and painfully unfunny.

Happy Feet Two(11/18)-I can't even believe they made a sequel to this. There was enough of a demand for more singing and dancing penguins? I am really not looking forward to seeing this one.

The Twilight Breaking Dawn: Part One (11/18)-Fuck Twilight. That is all.

Arthur Christmas (11/24)-Looks like a dud of a Christmas film.

Hugo(11/24)-Even with Martin Scorcese directing, I don't find myself remotely compelled to see Hugo. Look like way too generic of an adventure film.

No comments:

Post a Comment