Saturday, November 19, 2011

Movie Review: Zookeeper (Film Number 31 In My Goal For 2011 Films)

It's really a shame Kevin James has been reduced to films like this. He's really been in a slump since The King Of Queens got off the air, but Zookeeper might be the worst project he's ever been involved in. This makes Paul Blart: Mall Cop look like a masterpiece. I get that this is a kids movie, but this film is just flat-out dumb. Most of the characters could have been replaced by cardboard cutouts (Joe Rogan's character is so annoying that I wanted to cause him physical pain). Even with the lifeless, annoying characters, the biggest flaw of Zookeeper is the severe absence of laughs. The whole film is just a barrage of unfunny poop jokes. I don't even think the target audience of 8 year-old kids would think the jokes are funny. Hell, I think if I was 8, I would have hated this movie. Zookeeper is a joyless film without laughs or charm. This is definitely amongst the worst films of 2011. Kevin James, I really hope you make better films soon. You are too funny of an actor to be wasting your talent in garbage like this.

1.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment