Tuesday, May 29, 2012

NBA Conference Final Predictions

I know it's a little late since both game 1's have been played, but here are my predictions for both conference final series.

Eastern Conference Finals: Heat over Celtics in 7. As much as it pains to me say as a Celtics fans and extreme hater of the Heat, I think Miami will take it (especially after Game 1). Lebron James and Dwayne Wade have been playing like they are possessed in the past few games and if that keeps up, I can't see the Celtics taking it from them. Throw Chris Bosh potentially back into the mix and they become especially lethal. If Avery Bradley didn't get hurt and Ray Allen wasn't playing poorly due to injury,  I would say the Celtics take it easily. The Celtics are definitely the deeper team, but with James and Wade at the top of their game, the Heat's lack of depth won't play a deciding factor in the series.

Western Conference Finals: Thunder over Spurs in 7. I think it is finally the time for the Thunder to shine in the West. Yes San Antonio has the experience, but Oklahoma City's energy should be too much for San Antonio's slow-paced style of play. San Antonio is a beyond impressive team and the fact that they play so well at such a high median age for a team is shocking. The Thunder are an equally deep team with a much younger core age. I think their hunger for a title and Kevin Durant's leadership will lead them past the experienced and equally hungry San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment