Friday, December 10, 2010

Best Albums Of The Decade(2000-2009): #1

1.Mastodon-Blood Mountain(2006)

Not only is Blood Mountain my favorite album of the decade, it's my favorite album of all time. I have never heard a perfect album in my entire life. Blood Mountain blends together seemlessly their progessive and heavy elements. The record is full of brilliance and each song is layered,complex and bad-ass. From the thunderous drum intro on "The Wolf Is Loose" to the Star-Wars esque prog-fest "Sleeping Giant", Mastodon's verstillity is prominent throughout The riffs, as usual, are epic and the drumming by Brann Dailor is unreal. The production is crystal clear and the album sounds prestine. Blood Mountain is an absolutely unreal album that continues blow my mind even 4 years later.

Standout Tracks 1.The Wolf Is Loose 2.Crystal Skull 3.Circle Of Cysquatch

No comments:

Post a Comment