Thursday, September 30, 2010

October In Film

October tends to start the real fall movie season after the dead month of September rolls through. Personally, there is not much this October that excites me but there are a lot of films coming out this month and there is a pretty wide variety as well. Here is my thoughts on October's films

Films I Am Excited About
2.Red(October 15)- Bruce Willis is my favorite actor of all time, so right off the bat I knew I wanted to see this film. It has an all star cast in addition to Willis including Morgan Freeman,John Malkovich,Mary-Louise Parker and Helen Mirren(playing a hitwoman, best casting ever). The trailer looks great and it has been a while since a pure action-comedy has been released.

1.Jackass 3-D(October 15)-Yes the film I am most excited for this month is Jackass 3-D. Maybe it because i'm 18 years old but Jackass just makes me laugh my ass off and this one looks like it will deliver the goods as usual. Also best use of 3-D to date, I already know they are going to pull some of the craziest stunts they have ever pulled to make full use of the 3-D.


Films I Am Unsure About
The Social Network(October 1)-I had zero intrest in seeing untill about two weeks ago when the insanely good reviews started pouring in. I don't tend to get overly excited by critical reception but this is different as it had 100% Rotten Tomatoes scores as of Tuesday. That being said, I still don't know how this works as a film even with someone as good as David Fincher directing and the trailer makes looke like an absolute snooze. The jury is still out for me on this one, Will most likely see it eventually

Let Me In(October 1)-This film looks alright but again great critical reception early on and it is the remake of Let The Right One In(which I have not seen yet). Apparently, the remake does the original justice with some critics even saying its better. I am curious to see this film and I most likely will but I am doing so with caution.

Buried(Opens Wide October 8) The concept intrests me but at the same time Ryan Reynolds trapped in a box for an hour and a half could be really bad.

Stone(October 8) I haven't seen the trailer yet but a drama with Edward Norton and Robert De Niro could be pretty damn good.

Hereafter(October 15) The trailer looks pretty dull but Clint Eastwood is one of the most brillant directors of all time. I am extremely unsure about this one.


Films There Is No Chance In Hell Of Me Seeing
Case 39(October 1)-This film has been delayed for 3 years, they shot it before Bradley Cooper made The Hangover for christ's sakes. Cooper and Rene Zellwigger both look very confused in the trailer and this film looks like absolute dog shit.

Life As We Know It(October 8)-This seems a really predictable romantic comedy drama, not really my cup of tea at all.

My Soul To Take(October 8)-Wes Craven finally jumps on the 3-D bandwagon(Note: it was a 3-D conversion job in post-production, so the 3-D should be terrible) and boy does it look it bad. Another dull looking slasher flick with a cast of unknowns. Craven should hang it up if this what he is resorting to now.

Secretariat(October 8) I love inspirational sports films but even I draw the limit sometimes and that limit is horse films. No thanks.

Paranormal Activity 2(October 22)-The first one was the worst film I saw in 2009 so I will be avoiding this sure to be shit sequel. I love how they advertise the first film to be so filled with terror when there is nothing even remotely scary about it unless you shit your pants at gusts of wind. The 2nd one looks exactly the same and you can bet I will be no where near the theater when this comes out.

Saw 3D(October 29)-The alleged final chapter of the Saw franchise. I haven't seen a Saw film since the third one and I don't really care to see this one, I have been long bored of these films.

No comments:

Post a Comment