Saturday, October 30, 2010

Best Albums Of The Decade(2000-2009): #24-23

24.The Mars Volta-Frances The Mute(2005)


The Mars Volta caught my attention when I heard they where touring with System Of A Down. I checked out Frances The Mute going in completely blind, I am so glad that I did. Frances The Mute is prog rock bliss. The 5 tracks on this record are all extremely long(except for "The Widow" which clocks in at about 6 minutes) , but they are all intresting in their own ways. There is a lot of experimentation and jam outs on this record which at the time I had not heard much of before. I first heard this record when I was 13 and it was great then, but in more recent years I have grown to love it even more. Frances The Mute is a visonary,twisted, wonderful mindfuck of a record.


Standout Tracks 1. Cygnus.....Vismund Cygnus 2.Cassandra Gemini 3.The Widow




23.Coheed and Cambria-Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness(2005)
After their amazing 2nd release In Keeping Secrets Of Slient Earth: 3, Coheed and Cambria follows it up with the even better Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Volume 1. This record is even more epic than it's predecessor. Claudio Sanchez shows off his talent with more guitar solos and his best vocal performance ever. Coheed and Cambria shows off their diverse influences for their sound better on this record than on any other record they have released, there a couple of great ballads,spacey progessive stuff,pure punk rock and some pretty heavy metal tracks. Good Apollo is the most complete Coheed record and their best work to date.
Standout Tracks 1.Ten Speed(Of God's Blood and Burial) 2.Welcome Home 3.The Willing Well II: Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

No comments:

Post a Comment