Friday, October 1, 2010

Best Albums Of The Decade(2000-2009): #64-63



64.Alice In Chains-Black Gives Way To Blue(2009)

Prior to hearing Black Gives Way To Blue, I was skeptical about how it would turn out. With Layne Staley gone, how would they sound? Would they turn to a fucking joke of what they once where? Thankfully, they proved all my worries wrong. William DuVall is a great replacement for Layne Staley. He carved out his own style vocally and brought a lot to the table. Black Gives Way To Blue blends heavier and slower songs to perfection and I was beyond pleased with how this record turned out. Kudos to Alice Chains for keeping the legacy alive, Layne Staley would be proud.


Standout Tracks 1.A Looking In View 2.Acid Bubble 3.Private Hell



63.Tool-10,000 Days(2006)


I am among the minority that thinks 10,000 Days is better than Lateralus. I think 10,000 Days is more polished and better written than Lateralus. Tool as usual, blows my mind with the complexity of the musicianship. Danny Carey's drumwork is orgasmic. Carey's insane fills and unique way of drumming make for a superb listening experience. In some Tool fans eyes they over did the ambient interludes, but I think they fit in very well to the overall vibe of the record. 10,000 Days in my opinion is Tool's 2nd best record and the better of the two to be released in the past decade.

Standout Tracks 1.Jambi 2.Vicarious 3.The Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment