Thursday, October 21, 2010

Best Albums Of The Decade(2000-2009): #36-35

36.As I Lay Dying-Shadows Are Security(2005)

After Frail Words Collapse, As I Lay Dying's popularity erupted. Shadows Are Security continued the legacy of As I Lay Dying. This record is very powerful stuff from a lyrical standpoint. All of these tracks have deep meaning behind them, and truly from the heart, that's always a nice touch. In addition to being a great lyricist, Tim Lambesis also steps up to the plate vocally. The production is far better than on their 2 previous releases, it brings out the talent Lambesis possess. I am a also a big fan of the clean vocals on this record, Clint Norris has a great voice and makes each track even better. Shadows Are Security is the album that transformed As I Lay Dying into the metal juggernauts they are today.


Standout Tracks 1.The Darkest Nights 2.Confined 3.Reflection


35.Mastodon-Remission(2002)


Before I even mention the music on Remission, this is one of my favorite album covers of all time. It's just such a badass image. Onto the music, this is one of the most impressive debut albums I have ever heard. Mastodon comes out and creates a heavy as shit debut that is such an achievement. Most bands go whole careers without making something this great, but Mastodon did that on their first album. What stands out in my mind about Remission is that it is pretty different musically than future Mastodon release, yet it stll has the amazing edge that the future release would have. Remission was the only beginning of Mastodon's masterworks.

Standout Tracks 1.March Of The Fire Ants 2.Burning Man 3.Workhorse

No comments:

Post a Comment