Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Movie Review: The Dilemma (Film Number 3 In My Goal For 2011 Films)

"The Dilemma is a mess". That's how I would summarize The Dilemma in one sentence if anyone asked me my opinion on it. The Dilemma is one of the most muddled films I have seen in quite some time. It can't decide if it's a comedy or a drama and it really doesn't do either well. The laughs are very few and far between and the drama comes out of the blue and feel very awkward. I will say the cast is the main reason this isn't a complete disaster. None of the excellent cast is on the top of their game, but they do enough to save this film from being absolute shit. This is probably the worst project Ron Howard has been associated with as a director. I was honestly surprised he did this film considering his resume. The Dilemma is an uneven mess and is it currently the worst film I have seen this year(the second film in a row that I've seen on DVD to claim that honor.)

2/5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy Jennifer Connelly in a movie, even though she’s not featured much these days. I wish this movie could have taken advantage of the talented (or popular) cast better with a script that was worthy of a comedy. Queen Latifah is one of my favorite actresses, especially in Bringing Down the House. I found myself wishing I were watching that movie or Hitch. The only thing that made renting this movie less painful was that I didn’t have to pay a cent for it because of my free Blockbuster movie rental I got with my new DISH Network employee account. http://goo.gl/wuMrN I exchange my movies in the mail and I don’t waste any gas; it sure makes checking the mail more exciting!

    ReplyDelete