Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June In Film

June should be an interesting month for films. A good majority of the remaining films I want to see for the rest of the summer come out in June. It also has the largest number of films that I completely up in the air on. Here my thoughts on the releases of June.

Films I Want To See
3.Super 8(6/10-This is another great looking sc-fi film from J.J Abrams. Abrams did the script and directed it, which is a promising sign. His work is normally fantastic (especially Star Trek). I love the mystery vibe of the trailer and I am really intrigued to see this film.

2.X-Men: First Class(6/3)-There are almost too many reasons to list why I want to see X-Men: First Class. Matthew Vaughn, who directed two of my favorite films of all-time (Kick-Ass,Layer Cake) is helming this. He is such a fantastic director and his style of direction fits in very well with a comic-book film. The cast is also completely top-notch. James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, and Rose Byrne all look to be perfect choices for their roles. On top of all this, The early buzz and trailers are fantastic. I would say all signs point to brilliance on X-Men: First Class.

1.Transformers: Dark Of The Moon(6/29)-I expect to get some shit for this, but what I can say? I love the Transformers films. This looks to be better than the somewhat disappointing second installment and Megan Fox is gone, so I would say the chances of this being better than the previous installment are quite high. If they can recapture the magic of the first one, then this will most likely end up being one of my favorite films of 2011.

Films I am unsure about
Green Lantern(6/17)-Green Lantern is shaping up to be the biggest question mark of 2011 for me. The trailers I have seen have ranged from god awful to pretty decent looking. The cast ranges from horrible actors to great actors. I still don't know what to think. It's way too risky to see in theaters, but I am extremely curious to see this on DVD.

Bad Teacher(6/24)-The trailers are actually decently amusing and I do like the cast. The only redflag is that it was written by the writing team that did the unholy comedic disaster Year One.

Cars 2(6/24)-It is Pixar, but I didn't like the original. This one doesn't really look to be much better, but it's Pixar so I will give it a chance.

Films I have no interest in seeing
Judy Moody and The Not Bummer Summer(6/10)-Just no.

Mr.Popper's Penguins(6/17)-I do love Jim Carrey, but this looks completely stupid. Unlike most people my age, I actually never the read the book so I have zero nostalgia for it. This looks to be a completely tired misfire of an adaption.

No comments:

Post a Comment