Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Movie Review: Red Riding Hood (Film Number 10 In My Goal For 2011 Films)

I was just on Wikipedia getting the poster for this review and the first sentence on the page read: "Red Riding Hood is an American/Canadian epic fantasy film". This sentence made laugh hysterically, there is nothing even remotely epic about Red Riding Hood. Hell, there is nothing even remotely watchable about Red Riding Hood. Red Riding Hood is a complete turkey. This film is filled to the brim with bad acting, cringe-worthy dialogue, and unintentional laughs. Even the normally awesome Gary Oldman is awful here (his character is so stupid, I don't think anyone could have made it work.) Not to mention, it's also really boring. I was fighting sleep watching this at noon time. If I had been more tired, this movie would have put me to sleep instantly. The effects aren't even good. The wolf look like it came straight out of a low-budget 90's horror flick. I really can't even believe the filmmakers thought the effects were good. The effects are easily among the worst I have seen in the past five years. Red Riding Hood is a lifeless, poorly acted, poorly written,  Twilight wannabe that is a miserable movie-watching experience.

1/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment