Saturday, August 20, 2011

Movie Review: Take Me Home Tonight (Film Number 11 In My Goal For 2011 Films)

The 80's were a glorious time for classic coming-of-age comedies (so I hear at least, I wasn't alive). Take Me Home Tonight tries to be the classic 80's film for the modern day, but it comes up short in that department. That's actually the main issue with Take Me Home Tonight, it tries far too hard to be an 80's comedy classic. There is nothing horribly wrong with it, there's just nothing really special about it either. There are some laughs, a little bit of charm, and some decent performances, but it's not enough to make this film enjoyable. On the positive side, I will say I did enjoy this film more than I thought I would. Plan and simple, Take Me Home Tonight is an inoffensive, average film.

2.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment