Sunday, August 1, 2010

August In Film

August is a very iffy month for movie releases. Here are the film I am excited to see along with the ones I don't and all that jazz.

Flims I am excited for

3.Piranha 3-D(August 20)-This movie look absoultely terrible but it is also a contender for comedy of the year so it qualifys for the films I am excited for section soley for that purpose.

2.The Expendables(August 13)-As an action movie whore this is pretty much a dream come true. Getting this many action starts from past and present in one movie is just fucking awesome. The trailer looks great and it should be a hell of an action film.

1.The Other Guys(August 6)-I am a huge Will Ferrell fan and this being his 4th collabration with Adam McKay(Anchorman,Talladega Nights,Step Brothers) as well as the fact that it has great supporting cast(The Rock,Samuel L.Jackson,Craig Robinson,Michael Keaton) make it a must-see.

Films I am unsure about

Takers(August 27)-It looks alright and better than expected but I doubt I will ever see it.

Lottery Ticket(August 20)-See Takers

The Last Exorcism(August 27)-I haven't seen the trailer or any ad's at all so can't really form an opinion.

Going The Distance(August 27)- The trailer looks alright and it has a great cast. Most likely will check it out on DVD.

Films That that there is no chance in Hell i will ever see.

Step Up 3-D(August 6)-It shames me to say that I have seen the first Step Up and I kind of liked it but they really need to stop making these films. There is only so much you can do with a fucking dance movie and why the hell is it in 3-D?

Eat,Pray,Love(August 13)-Plain and simple just not my kind of movie.

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World(August 13)-I like Michael Cera and director Edgar Wright and the concept sounded funny on paper. The trailer changed my mind completely. It looks like absolute horse shit and there is nothing even remotely funny about the trailer.

Vampires Suck(August 18)-They gaves the Epic Movie guys another movie? I can't even believe this was green lighted. I would rather watch every Land Before Time movie on a loop for the rest of my life then watch this sure to be the stupidest thing you have ever seen movie.

Nanny Mcphee Returns(August 20)-Just no.

The Switch(August 20)-This looks pretty bad. I kind of like Jason Bateman but I will pass on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment