Tuesday, August 31, 2010

September In Film

September is always one of the most dead months of the entire year. Most studio dump their trash or films they know won't do well. This September has a couple of films I am intrested but for the most part it is a barren wasteland,Here is my analysis for the films of September.


Films I Am Exicted For
3.Devil(September 17)-M.Night Shamalayn films are like celebrity sex tapes, you know they are going to be bad but you watch them anyways. This film looks terrible and I am mainly seeing it for the laughs and to see if there is a dumb twist.

2.The Town(September 17)-I seem to be one of the few that is excited for this film. The cast which includes Ben Affleck,Jermey Renner,Jon Hamm and Chris Cooper is top-notch. Affleck is also directing this and his debut Gone Baby Gone was amazing. The trailer makes it look like a smart,intense thriller and I think it has great potential.

1.Machete(September 3)-Grindhouse was such a fantastic film and the faux-trailer Machete was one of the best parts. I am extremely excited for this film. It is going to be a crazy off the walls action flick and this where Robert Rodriguez excels. This is probably my most anticipated film for the rest of the 2010.


Films I am Unsure About

The American(September 1)-A very average looking flick with George Clooney. Clooney is a good actor but I have feeling like this could be a tedious Oscar-bait misfire. Might see it on DVD.

Going The Distance(September 3)-As I said last month this film has a great cast with Justin Long,Charlie Day,Jason Sudekis and Jim Gaffigan and a decent trailer, but it could be a run of the mill romantic comedy. Will check it out on DVD.

Easy-A(September 17)-Really don't want to see this but it doesn't look bad enough for me to put in the films to avoid section

Alpha and Omega(September 17)-Haven't seen a single trailer for this so I can't judge.


Films I am going to avoid at all costs

Resident Evil:Afterlife(September 10)-In all honesty I can't even believe they are still making these films. I saw the first two(which sucked) and as an avid fan of the games I will not support another one of these terrible movies. The one postive I can say is that when I saw Piranha 3-D a couple of weeks the trailer had very good 3-D in it so if you insist on seeing this at least go see it in 3-D.

Legend Of The Guardians: The Owls Of Ga'Hoole(September 24)- I love Zack Snyder's previous work and I am extremely excited for Sucker Punch which come out in March but this foray into kid's films looks very bad.

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps(September 24)-I saw the trailer for this film attached to every film I saw in a theater from early June to early August and the more I saw the trailer the worst it looked. It appears to be an unneeded sequel that was made just for the sake of being made and to give Oliver Stone some work. It could also be the fact that I hate Michael Douglas that I want nothing to do with this movie.

You Again(September 24)-Chick flicks like this are the film eqivulent of herpes. Betty White is hillarious and Kristen Bell/Odette Yustman are attractive but that is not enough to make me consider seeing this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment