Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rock and Shock 2010 lineup

Here is the lineup for the annual Rock and Shock festival in Worcester,MA at The Palladium.

October 15th
Suffocation
Suicide Silence
MyChildren MyBride
The Faceless
Through The Eyes Of The Dead
Decrepit Birth
Dawn Of Ashes
Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza
Moltov Solution
Conducting From The Grave
Stick To Your Guns
As Blood Runs Black
Attila
For The Fallen Dreams
Close Your Eyes

October 16th
GWAR
Nevermore
Black Veil Brides
The Casualities
William Control
Warbringer
Motionless In White
Mutiny Within
Hatesphere
Infernaeon
Mobile Deathcamp

The cool thing about this year's fest if you purchase a ticket to the Rob Zombie/Alice Cooper show on the 16th at the DCU Center in Worcester you get free enterance to the show at The Palladium if there is space.

Friday's lineup is intresting. I really want to see Suffocation and I think its great they get to headline the day. I have seen Suicide Silence 3 times and they do put on a pretty decent show but I am a little sick of seeing them. Could care less about MyChildren MyBride saw them last summer and they are just an extremely average run of the mill band. The Faceless is one of my favorite bands around right now and they always bring it live. Through The Eyes Of The Dead is good as well saw them in April and they were pretty good live. Decrepit Birth is a good live act. Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravangza is ok they are a little bit boring but they really aren't too bad. Moltov Solution,Stick To Your Guns and Conducting From The Grave all decent bands that I don't listen to much but I am not opposed to seeing live. When it comes down to it the only 2 shit bands on the bill are As Blood Runs Black and For The Fallen Dreams. Never listened to Dawn Of Ashes,Attilla or Close Your Eyes.

Bottom Line: Friday's lineup is pretty good overall. Suffocation has been near the top of my bands I need to see live list for a while. Downside is there is a lot of average/just above average bands on the bill. Pretty decent chance I will attend this show.

Saturday lineup is very,very odd. You take a look at the top 3 bands on the bill and most likely "How the fuck did that happen?". GWAR is headlining and I have really wanted to see them for quite some time. GWAR was pretty much made to headline a horror-themed festival. I am not a big Nevermore fan. They are extremely talented and they probably put on a good show but I would not go specifically see them. Black Veil Brides are fucking horrendous and are easily the worst band on the festival. The Casualities are out of place big time being an old-school punk band they are out on tour with GWAR should interesting to see how that pans out. Warbringer is a great new thrash band I would say they are the 2nd best band on the bill for this day. Motionless In White is another shit band they are clearly on tour with Black Veil Brides and they will most likely be recieved terribly. Mutiny Within and Hatesphere are both alright. Mobile Deathcamp is pretty good as well from the few songs that I have heard. Never listened to William Control or Infernaeon.

Bottom Line: It's an alright lineup. GWAR is a big draw for me and the fact that will most likely start after the Zombie/Cooper show is awesome. A lot of the bands don't do much for me but if I end up going to the Zombie/Cooper show I will most likely watch Warbringer and GWAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment