Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February In Film

February tends to be the gap month between the semi-big films of March and the black hole of January. There always to be a wide array of films for horror films aimed at teenage audiences to high-budget sc-fi movies. This February is no exception and here are my thoughts on this month's releases.

Films I Want To See
3.Hall Pass(February 25)- I am a little bit skeptical about how good this will be considering the Farelly Brothers recent efforts. Hopefully, this will be up there with their greats such as Dumb and Dumber and There's Something About Mary. It does have a solid cast and an amusing premise going for it, I hope it can deliver.

2.Unknown(February 18)-Liam Nesson has turned into one of the most consistently good action stars in Hollywood. The plot line looks interesting and this looks to be an exciting, suspenseful thriller. I trust Liam Nesson and this should be another ass-kicking good time.

1.Drive Angry(February 25)-Yep, this is my most anticipated movie of the month. Nicolas Cage knows how to make a good B-movie and this should be a cheesy, good time. The trailer has all the makings of a good, balls to the wall action movie. The 3D is also very,very good judging from the 3D trailer that I saw with Jackass 3D. I am pretty excited for this.

Movies I am Unsure About
Sanctum(February 4)-The premise is kind of interesting, cave diving could make for a solid adventure. The problem is the trailer looks kind of dull and James Cameron's involvement as a producer makes me nervous.

Just Go With It(February 11)- I am a huge Adam Sandler fan even though he hasn't made a great comedy in 5-6 year. The trailer is pretty average looking and even with inclusion of two gorgeous women(Brooklyn Decker and Jennifer Aniston), I am still a little uneasy about this one.

I Am Number Four(February 18)-Could be an entertaining sc-fi flick, but it looks way too much like Jumper and Push. The cast is pretty weak, but D.J Caruso as the director offers some hope.

Movies I have zero interest in
The Roommate(February 4)-Good God, not another one of these movies. Horror movies that are made for teenage girls like this are always awful and aren't good for anything more than a barrage of unintentional comedy.

The Eagle(February 11)-Looks like a really bland war flick.

Justin Bieber: Never Say Never(February 11)-I think it's fairly obvious why I don't want to see this.

Gnomeo and Juliet-I can't even believe this is a real movie, lawn gnomes in a Romeo and Juliet adaption? No thanks.

Big Mommas: Like Father,Like Son(February 18)-I liked the first one when I was 8, 11 years later I am all set with this franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment