Saturday, October 1, 2011

October In Film

This October might be a new low. I don't want to see a single film coming out this month! There are a quite a few films that I am unsure of, but not a single one that I want to see. Despite that spoiler, here are my thoughts on this month's crop of new films.

Films I Am Not Sure Of
The Ides Of March (10/7)-Looks to be a pretty standard political thriller. The excellent cast boosts it's potential, but I still don't see this film being anything special.

The Thing(10/14)-The trailer is actually alright looking and considering The Thing has a good reputation this could be pretty good. Only issues are the mediocre cast and unproven writer.

The Three Musketeers(10/21)-Could be a kind of fun action film, but I have feeling like it will end up being mind-numbingly average.

In Time(10/28)-I think this has the most potential out of any October film due to it's pretty cool concept and great cast. The only issue is that with a concept like this it's either going to hit or miss horribly.

Film I Have No Interest In (but am going to see anyways due to my goal to see as many 2011 films as possible)
Real Steel (10/7)- This looks like Rock Em' Sock Em' Robots meets Rocky. Or in other words, this film is probably going to suck massively. The trailer is completely laughable and I am assuming the film will be too.

Dirty Girl(10/7)-I can just tell from the nauseating trailer that I am going to hate this film.

The Big Year (10/14)-How can 3 great comedic actors reduce themselves to a film about bird watching? The PG rating hurts it's chances of being funny even more.

Footloose(10/14)-I was stunned that a brilliant director like Craig Brewer was directing this remake. This has to be one of the stupidest remakes to date. It looks completely awful and looks like they made into a Step Up ripoff with increased melodrama.

Paranormal Activity 3(10/21)-Can they please stop with these movies? They aren't scary, they aren't suspenseful, and most of all, they aren't even close to good. Really not looking forward to seeing this one.

Anonymous(10/28)-I really don't care if Shakespeare was a fraud.

Johnny English Reborn(10/28)-The first one was ok when I was 11, now not so much....

No comments:

Post a Comment