Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mayhem Fest 2011 Lineup

Despite the fact they delayed the announcement, I can confirm the lineup for Mayhem Fest. Some of the stage placements might be screwed up and I am assuming that two of the rotating Main Stage openers will be headlining the side stage when not opening the Main Stage. Without further ado, here is the Mayhem Fest 2011 lineup

Main Stage:
Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth

Rotating Main Stage Opener/Side Stage Headliners(?)
Machine Head
In Flames
Trivium

Jager Stage:
Unearth
Kingdom Of Sorrow
Red Fang
Jager Band

Extreme Stage(name change is most likely):
Suicide Silence
All Shall Perish
Straight Line Stitch

My thoughts on the lineup
Godsmack: I like some of their older stuff and I have never seen them before. Not a bad choice for a headliner.

Disturbed: I have really grown out of liking Disturbed in the past few years. It's not that I hate their music, I just don't really enjoy it that much anymore. They were good live when I saw them at Mayhem 08, we will see what I think this time around.

Megadeth: I am absolutely elated that they are playing Mayhem this year. I have never seen them live before and they are one of my all time favorite bands. I was pretty sad when I missed them on the American Carnage tour with Slayer and Testament last year, I am very,very excited at the chance to finally see them live.

Machine Head: Another band that I really enjoy. They put on a great live show and I am happy they are on the lineup.

In Flames: My second favorite band on the lineup. Even though last few releases have been a severe drop in quality from their earlier material, their live performance is excellent. I hope they headline a side stage on my Mayhem date this year.

Trivium:Ugh, one of the 2 bands on the tour this year that I can't stand. They were terrible at Mayhem 09 and I will be taking a pee break during them for sure.

Unearth:Another one of my favorites. I am really pumped at seeing them again(I am hopefully going to see them in 3 weeks at their benefit show for their ex-bassist Chris "Rover" Rybicki). They put on a fun,high-energy performance, easily the best permanent side stage band on the tour.

Kingdom Of Sorrow: I am a big fan of Jamey Jasta and I like his side project with Kirk Windstein of Crowbar and Down a good amount. They are a quality act that should put on a good show.

Red Fang:The oddball band on this lineup for sure. I am not that familiar with their stuff, but I've liked what I have heard. Should be cool to see.

Suicide Silence: I am indifferent about this band. This will mark the fifth time I have seen them, I am a little sick of seeing them live. They could picked someone better, but then again they could have pick someone a lot worse too.

All Shall Perish:One of the best deathcore acts around. I have seen them twice before and they are a very good live band. Should be a good time seeing for the 3rd time.

Straight Line Stitch: Far and away the worst band on the bill, in my opinion. I just find this band to be really bad. They will be a merch and Rockstar break for me, I really have zero interest in seeing them.

It's a good lineup overall and I am excited to go to Mayhem for the fourth straight year.

No comments:

Post a Comment