Friday, January 7, 2011

NFL Wild Card Picks

I am putting my final 2 wrap ups for the NFC on hold for right now, it's playoff time in the NFL! This weekend starts the fun with Wild Card Weekend, there are some great matchups in store and it should be fun to watch. Here's what I think will happen this weekend.

New Orleans Saints over Seattle Seahawks

This is by far the easiest one to predict, the Seahawks suck, they shouldn't even be in the playoffs. The defending champs the Saints, should roll over Seattle even without their two leading rushers Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory. I'm expecting a lopsided victory for the Saints in this one.

Indianapolis Colts over New York Jets
This should be the best game of the weekend, this is a pretty even matchup. In the end, I think the Colts will take it. The home field advantage and Peyton Manning's clutch performance in the playoffs should overshadow the wounded Jets. Mark Sanchez lackluster performance of late and his injury I think will cost the Jets the game.

Green Bay Packers over Philadelphia Eagles
As much as it pains me to say it, I think the Packers will win this game. Aaron Rodgers has been on fire since coming back from his injury, this a team with an agenda and could surprise some teams in the playoffs. The Eagles haven't been themselves in the last few games and I don't think they matchup that well with Green Bay.

Baltimore Ravens over Kansas City Chiefs
Despite the fact I have been big on the Chiefs all season, I don't think they are quite ready to make a run in the playoffs. The Ravens are seasoned veterans in the playoffs and with the Chiefs abysmal performance against Oakland last week, It's going to be a tall order to beat Baltimore, even at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment