Thursday, January 13, 2011

NFL Divisional Round Playoff Picks

Wild Card Weekend was exciting and brought some surprises. The divisional round has some amazing matchups and should be a lot of fun to watch, each game really could go either way. Here are my picks for the divisional round.

Last weeks record: 2-2

Pittsburgh Steelers over Baltimore Ravens
This matchup between heated rivals should a knock down, drag out affair. I think the Steelers have the slight edge based on the regular season matchups and I think it will come down to quarterback play to determine the winner. Ben Rothlelisberger has played well in past playoffs and I think his experience will overshadow Joe Flacco and his streaky play.

Atlanta Falcons over Green Bay Packers
The Packers are a dangerous team, I just think they will fall a little bit short this weekend. Atlanta is almost unbeatable at home and that gives a bit of an advantage. It should be hell of a battle, but I like Atlanta in this one.

Chicago Bears over Seattle Seahawks
The Seahawks stunned the NFL last week with their upset over the Saints. They showed they are not a team to sleep on in the playoffs. Despite Seattle's stunning victory last weekend, I still think Chicago will win this game. It should be a close one, but Chicago's defense should be the difference maker.

New England Patriots over New York Jets
Everybody knows what happened the last time these two met, a 45-3 beatdown at Gillette Stadium in December. I don't think the victory will be as lopsided as it was in their last meeting, but I don't see the Jets winning this one. The Patriots have been playing like freaks lately and the amount of shit the Jets have been talking just adds fuel to the fire. It's near impossible to beat the Patriots at Gillette Stadium and I don't think the Jets can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment