Saturday, January 22, 2011

NFL Conference Championship Picks

This is what all comes down to, a trip to the Super Bowl is up for grabs this weekend. We got 2 exciting matchups on the card this weekend, Here are my picks for the conference championship games tomorrow.

Green Bay Packers over Chicago Bears
As much it as it mains me to say as a diehard Bears fan, I don't think they will beat Green Bay tomorrow. The Packers are the hottest team still alive in the playoffs an Aaron Rodgers is playing at an elite level right now. The Packers have a spectacular defense anchored by Clay Matthews, who is a nightmare for any offensive line to contain, especially a team like the Bears, who's biggest weakness is offensive line play. I really hope the Bears surprise me and can pull it out, but I don't see it happening.

Pittsburgh Steelers over New York Jets
The Steelers won the best game of the playoffs so far against the Ravens last weekend and I think their big comeback in that game will translate into a victory in this game. The Jets are dangerous, as they proved last week by defeating the Super Bowl favorite New England Patriots. The Jets are playing really well, but I think the Steelers have the edge in this matchup. Ben Rothelisberger knows how to handle big games with ease and his performance should lead to a victory in a tight game.

No comments:

Post a Comment